Thursday 29 January 2015

Kokkare Bellur

Not a bird sanctuary but birds somehow love this place. Not in par with bird sanctuaries like Ranganatittu but a decent one if you are there in a perfect season. (However I was not during perfect season, but not during worst season too.) 

Visited on 26-01-2015 after learning that birds come there during January. The information was right too..! Verified it with the villagers. But unfortunately this years birds have not yet started flying in to the place and villagers are not sure if they would do or not this year..!! (Will probably visit the place again during March or April again and If i do, will update this post.. :) ) 

"A long weekend and I did not go anywhere" This feeling was burning inside and thought I will wake up early in the morning and go to Kokkare Bellur as it was pending from long time and also thought it was perfect season. But could not wake up. But, after waking up could not stop from picking up my keys and go for a long ride. If its for a long ride then why not to some destination? Forget season and just check whats there over there was what I decided and left. It was 1.00 PM when I left my place. 

After a hundred kilometer ride from my place, there I was, where I did not find even a single Bird flying..!! I thought I have come again to some place during a wrong season. Checked with villagers and got to know it was not wrong season but it was wrong season for this year..!! 

But, not to be disappointed completely, got to know that there are birds in 2 trees. So I headed towards those and found a few Pelicans incubating their eggs. Cool... I was little happy that at least I got to see a few birds. But it was wrong time (4.00 pm) for a first of all bad photographer to take any photos.. :D So headed towards the river so that I spend some time in solitude there. Expectation vs reality is always there.. Expected a calm river. But found its only calm but not a river to sit beside and feel the flow. Grasses present around were blocking the view if I sit. Happy that the river was clean and provided food and water for the birds in the village. :) 

Found a few Birds near the river. Tried Clicking and got some really bad photos proving again that I am not fit for the job.. :D :) Found birds like Little Cormorant, Egrets, Pond Heron etc.

Later went back to the village to click a few photos of Pelicans in the tree. Luckily the trees which Pelicans selected were close to an overhead water tank. Even though it was little risky to climb in the Iron ladder present, there is a small thrill that attracts you to do such things. With fear deep in heart, climbed the overhead tank and got a few photos and then back to Bangalore :) 

How to reach : 
Pretty simple - Kokkare belluru is Off Bangalore Mysore road and hence take Bangalore - Mysore road. Just before Maddur Coffee Day, take a left. Go 12 Kms further and you are there..! (One would easily miss the left near Maddur. So keep an eye.. :) )
Kokkare Bellur is 86 Kms from Bangalore. 

Photos :  (Again I remind You.. I am not a Bird photographer and given below are just photos of Birds from Kokkare Bellur.. Hope you get the difference.. :) )








Spot Billed Pelican

No comments:

Post a Comment